Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Introduction

My name is Hind,  I was born in Riyadh in February,1966   and  I have  four children two  boys and  two girls .The age an oldest is 25 years, he is  studding in NYU POLY, His brother is 20 years old, he is study English language in NYU, his sister who is 23 years old, did the same as so he do. The last child is 13 years old, and she is study in public school in level 7. In addition, I am a single mother and I love my children and they love me . My ex- husband lives in Riyadh, and he is retired officer, but  he doesn't care about his children, So they are my sole responsibility.
Finally, I am happy about that, even though I was alone in the United States of America.        
Next , I would like to talk about my job and my ambitions,  I worked at King Saud University in Riyadh as Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Arts, Department of Social Studies. I taught Social Work in that college. Since I got this job, I want to improve my English Language, but how could I make that? Then what can I do for my children? Also where I put my pets? Many ideas inspired  my thinking about how I can do that.
 However, I earned a bachelor's and master's degree from King Saud University, while my Ph. D is  from the University of Princess Nora Abdul Rahman for girls. Three years ago, I present to King Saud University to work there as an assistant professor.
 Fortunately, my appointment coincided with the appointment of the new Director is Abdullah Al-Othman, and he was worthy of  this Center.
Through the first training session for new faculty members emerged seeds of hope, because the University mission and goals are to seek to develop the educational process from the teacher and curriculum, Therefore, the university provided courses internal and external for those who are members employees . And then I expressed the desire to enroll in English Language Development careers. 
But I suffered a lot because of my ignorance of how to get admission to university, whether in Britain or America. Even though my   attempt was a failure, I did not despair, because I had the desire and the strong will to  improve my English language competence. So last year, when I visited my son in New York, I went to Columbia University to inquire about admission to the study of English  as the second language, and then I completed the procedure for obtaining an    I20 . because the  intensity of my joy, I did not think about


planning and selection of the beginning of the academic year of study, I chose the earliest opportunity, and it was in the summer. but the problem lies in the situation for my daughters, whose school the still open in my country. In fact, I had to do many things before my trip, but I did not have time to do those, because of my course schedule for the five groups are diverse in their  levels of study. Also I had to deliver what kind test to the head of my department before my traveled . During that period, I also had an operation on my hands and the doctor gave me three weeks sick leave, but I did not enjoy it, because I needed time to complete my obligations .Then I focused in   my ambitions. Actually I finished everything's about my job, and I gave up my pets to persons who are liked to adopt  my cats. Because I had to travel before  May 24 , Overall,  my trip was on May 22, but without my daughters,   Actually, I left my daughters because the youngest as still studying, and I traveled with my second son. Then we stayed  with my oldest son in his  apartment until our rented house was ready..   


7 comments:

  1. You are a great mother ~ ~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! And you are also devoted to improving your life, which I really admire.

    PBM

    ReplyDelete
  3. so do ı and you are a super mother.. the god help you

    sincerely,

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are our model. Best wishes to you and your children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow !! you are very strong and good mother :)
    I hope everything will be OK ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank's for every one comments to my interdiction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not easy to begin a new life in a new country-congratulations, Hind-keep going!

    ReplyDelete