Friday, April 8, 2011

MIA PEARLMAN: Paper Art

                                 www.miapearlman.com

I hope you all enjoyed the lecture by the paper artist, Mia Pearlman.  She is going to be our inspiration for our first blog entries.

Please use the comment section to write about your reaction to Mia's art and her lecture.  Write at least one paragraph, and be sure to edit your writing carefully because many people can read it! 

Even if you spoke about your reaction in class today, you can still write about it here, in more detail and with more examples.  Try to use the new vocabulary about art that we've been practicing in class.

Please remember to sign each post with your initials (as I did below:  PBM)

PBM




7 comments:

  1. I would like to have some of this designs in my home ..

    I asked her If she think to produce these designs. unfortunately she didn't think to do that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nasser - I thought she produced a small sculpture for sale. It was made of plastic instead of paper. I'm sure it's on her website. Have you checked there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think her sculptures are expensive, but it's worth it. So I would like to have one of them in my home too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to hear from the rest of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her art is amazing ! I've never seen before.
    She's very creative ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although it is a nice artwork and some people may find it very interesting. I don't like this kind of art, I only enjoy looking at nature paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sculptures are unusual and unique. I think Mia Pearlman has a big future because she has no competitors in this kind of art. I would like to see these sculptures not only in museums and exhibitions. I would like to see her creatures in large business buildings, in malls, in offices, on the street because it surprises people and makes think differently. Concrete jungles with unnatural rough forms and angular figures need smooth lines and waves of Pearlman art to reduce the pressure of the space of megacities.When I look to Mia's art my attention spreads not sharply, but slowly, I feel relaxation and no stress

    ReplyDelete